- 1.5kg ground beef
- 1x egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs or flour
- 1 tablespoon herbs
- Slices of cheese
- Preheat your grill to high
- Combine the ground beef and salt in a bowl using your hands
- Incorporate the egg, pepper, breadcrumbs (or flour) and herbs into the meat
- Form small, equal sized balls into rissoles and flatten with your hands
- Place a slice of cheese in the middle of half of the rissoles created. Put a second rissole on top of the cheese and press together so that the cheese is in the middle.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes and turn over.
- Remove from the grill and serve